Staying in a magical resort helps maintain the sense that you are living in the happy ‘Disney bubble’ and are isolated from the stressful, outside world. Here are a few reasons why it makes sense to stay in a Disney World Resort hotel:
- When you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort, you can attend the park during exclusive Extra Magic Hours, which are hours before or after the park opens/closes for regular visitors. The lines will be much shorter and you will not have to push through bustling crowds. This is a great advantage that allows you to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation!
- Transportation to and from parks is available when staying at a Disney hotel. There will be several bus stops outside the lobby of the hotel and buses will arrive approximately every 20 minutes to take you to your desired location.
- Transportation to and from airport is also provided. When booking your vacation, you only need to provide your flight information and the Disney staff will send a bus to pick you up and take you directly to your hotel. Also, they will handle your luggage and place it in your hotel room. It is completely hassle free!
- If you are shopping while in the parks and you do not want to carry your purchases with you for the rest of the day, you can have your purchases sent to your room. This is very convenient! All you have to do is fill out a short form that the cashier will give you, and they will take care of the rest! However, make sure that you allow at least a full day for the items to arrive. Do not have this done on your last day in the park, otherwise you may not receive your purchases in time.
- When you stay in a Disney hotel, especially when you have children, the maids will arrange your belongings in fun arrangements, which will delight children and adults alike! When I was a child, I bought a husky stuffed animal in Canada, and the maid arranged it so it was posing with toothbrushes like light sabers! Your towels will also be shaped in the profile of Mickey Mouse, and, during the holidays, festive towel decorations will be placed in your window!
- In general, the scenery, food options, and recreation options are wonderful Some of the best restaurants in the park are located in the resorts. The Grand Floridian is home to Victoria and Albert’s, an AAA 5 Diamond Rated restaurant, and the Beach Club Resort offers an ice cream dish so big that it fills a real kitchen sink! All of the resorts have themes, including movies, the beach, and rustic wilderness. All value resorts have a pool, arcade, and gift shop. Other resorts offer bike and boat rentals, hiking trails, movie night events, dinner shows, spas, fitness centers, fishing trips, and many more fun options, depending on the resort.
- All of the hotels have been certified to be environmentally friendly, so you are supporting an organization that helps save the environment!
- While the deluxe hotels can be extremely pricey, you can stay in a Value Resort for a very price competitive cost! Depending on the season and type of room, value resorts cost between $85 and $140 a night for a room that sleeps four.
I hope that these tips helped! Feel free to share your personal experiences staying in Disney hotels! Keep checking the blog for posts outlining the specific resorts. Have a magical day! ❤ Jessica