For most of the year the weather in Disney World can get extremely hot. After walking for hours a great way to take a break from the heat and give your feet a rest is stopping for one of my favorite treats, ice cream! Thankfully there are numerous places throughout the parks that serve a variety of different ice cream.
Ice Cream Carts – Ice cream carts can be found in all of the parks. They typically serve the famous Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches. The carts also serve other ice cream options such as fruit popsicles.
You can never go wrong with a Mickey Ice Cream Bar!
1) Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – This old fashioned ice cream parlor located on Mainstreet USA is a great choice for the whole family. The parlor is famous for its delicious hand-dipped cones and waffle cone sundaes. Be aware that the parlor can get crowded as the day goes on as many people like to stop here on their way out of the Magic Kingdom.
2) Storybook Treats – Storybook Treats in Fantasyland is famous for its ice cream sundaes. Sundaes served here include hot fudge cookie sundaes and the popular strawberry shortcake sundae. If you’re not craving a sundae the shop also serves milkshakes, ice cream floats, and soft serve ice cream.
3) Cheshire Café – The Cheshire Café is a great stop if you’re looking for a cool slushie. Be sure to try the raspberry lemonade slushie if you pass by the Cheshire while you’re in Fantasyland.
4) Aloha Island – Located in Adventureland, Aloha Isle is famous for the Dole Whip, a pineapple soft serve-like ice cream. The stand also serves vanilla, chocolate, and orange soft serve ice cream as well as pineapple and root beer floats. The line for this stand tends to be long as it is the only place in the park where you can purchase a Dole Whip.
5) Sunshine Tree Terrace – This quick service restaurant is famous for its citrous specialties such as the Citrus Swirl and Orange Slush. Found in Adventureland the Tree Terrace also serves classic vanilla and chocolate soft serve.
6) Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Located in Tomorrowland this shop offers soft serve ice cream and smoothies as well ice cream floats and sundaes.
1) Fountain View Ice Cream – This indoor ice cream shop located in Future World is a great place to sit and cool off. The shop serves Edy’s Ice Cream as well as other tasty snacks.
2) Africa Coolpost – Found in between the Germany and China Pavilions the Africa Coolpost offers soft serve ice cream as well as other refreshing beverages like lemonade slushies.
1) Hollywood Scoops – Hollywood Scoops can be found on Sunset Boulevard near the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. The restaurant serves ice cream sandwiches and sundaes. Different flavors of ice cream are also served in your choice of a hand-dipped cone or cup.
2) Dinosaur Gertie’s Ice Cream – This kiosk shaped like a Dinosaur serves soft serve ice cream as well as Mickey shaped ice cream bars. You can find Gertie’s on Echo Lake.
1) Tamu Tamu Refreshments – Treat yourself to a milkshake and burger at this stand, located in Africa. Ice cream, floats, sundaes, and fruit smoothies are also served here.
Stopping for ice cream is a great way to give yourself a break while you’re at the parks. Ice cream can get messy especially if you have young children so make sure you have napkins (you might also want to get your camera ready for a memorable ice cream photo op)! What’s you favorite ice cream to cool off with on a hot day at the parks?
Have a magical day!
xoxo – Michaela